Mantena has extensive experience in maintenance and modification of different types of construction machinery and work trolleys. We are also able to manufacture components and spare parts for these machines.
Our unique expertise in this area makes us an important partner for various players in the market.
Mantena in Hamar is a service partner and local representative of Zephir shale tractors, including parts sales.
1. Management function that monitors and coordinates
4. Maintenance function
– Effective planning
To achieve this, Mantena uses an efficient maintenance system, which is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, orders and instructions from authorities, while the necessary requirements from material owners, operators and end customers are followed up at the appropriate level.
Freight Train Maintenance
As is the case for passenger traffic, modern railfreight transport places strong demands on safety and punctuality. This is why we focus on maintenance systems that keep us one step ahead.
Since we correct any potential errors and replace any worn parts during planned maintenance, we limit the possibility of unforeseen downtime.
In this way, we help shipping companies acheive daily operations that are more predictable and cost-effective.
Our engineering department has broad experience and expertise in all technical and administrative areas related to railway vehicles:
– Detailed knowledge of train systems
– Maintenance processes
– Maintenance management
– Analysis of technical errors
– Tools and equipment
– Technical documentation and drawings
– Testing of components
– Design and development
– Government relations
Engineering is responsible for finding the right technical solutions, as well as making the right reviews and decisions in order to to deliver the highest possible quality in the maintenance process. Engineers with different areas of competence work closely together to solve challenges in daily operations and projects where hands-on knowledge is combined with theoretical competence to achieve the most effective solutions.
The unit covers all requirements described in the Security Directive (EU) 2016/798 for the maintenance development function and for handling of maintenance documentation. The unit also has, among other things, expertise in the following processes:
– Management of maintenance documentation for trains
– Configuration management and control
– Development, analysis and optimization of maintenance programs based on Mantena’s optimization method and “return on experience”
– Technical development of trains based on “return of experience”
– Monitoring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and regulations
– Evaluation of technological development
Mantena performs repairs, modifications and maintenance of all types of electrical and mechanical components in a wide range of railway vehicles. Our many workshops have modern facilities and equipment for expert maintenance and efficient logistics.
In our modern bogie-testbench, we can perform a series of advanced checks – and prepare status reports. In this way, we ensure that customers get the most optimized maintenance interval set into place.
– Vibration analysis
– Brake test
– Condition testing on engines and gearboxes
– Noise measurement
– Wheel pressure measurement on all wheels
– Measurment of wheelbase and parallelism
– Measurement of primary and secondary spring height
– Bogie height, air suspension and density testing of brake system
– Radial rigidity
– Automatic calculation of shim dimensions for suspension/wheel pressure, etc
– Maintenance and service of HVAC facilities
– Mobile team – throughout Norway
– Maintenance of valves and compressed air components for all railway vehicles
– Maintenance and repair of compressors
– Maintenance, repair and modification of wheels, bogies and shock absorbers
– Leash re-processing
– Review, service and maintenance of all types of gearboxes and ZF gearboxes
– Thermal spraying for rebuilding worn components
– Hot and cold pressing of wheel discs
– Maintenance and repair of transformers, traction engines and engines.
– Maintenance and repair of pantographs, converters and batteries
– Maintenance of switch bridges
– Overhaul / repair of injectors / diesel injectors
– Overhaul / repair of diesel pumps / regulators
– Bench test with optimization and analysis of diesel engines in relation to emissions and performance
– Overhaul and repair of diesel engines
Mantena has extensive experience and expertise in procurement, storage and distribution in connection with material supply for railway vehicles.
Our main functions are:
– Total delivery of goods including procurement services
– Saves capacity
– Logistics and distribution warehouse management
– Component and spare-part stock establishment for new contracts
– Find and establish new suppliers
– Wide network of suppliers
– Consolidated deliveries and customized kits – standardized package solutions
Mantena Logistics is a supplier to many of the largest – and smallest – operators in Norway and Sweden and can offer flexible solutions tailored to your needs.
Benefits of choosing Mantena as your logistics provider:
– Allows you to focus on core business – maintenance and operation of rolling stock
– High availability
– Delivery on request
– Improved productivity
– Reduced inventory investment
– Improved asset management and loss of value
– Optimized costs, reduced operational risk and improved operational performance
Mantena is characterized by trust, efficiency and innovation.
Passenger train maintenance
Passenger train operators place high demands on safety, comfort and, not least, punctuality. With good systems and routines in place for preventive maintenance, Mantena is able to correct any potential errors so that they do not occur when the train is in operation. We carry out maintenance on all types of passenger trains – from traditional passenger carriages to modern high-speed trains.
This makes us a key player and an important contributor to today’s rail passenger traffic.
We carry out light maintenance, heavy maintenance, corrective maintenance and technical modifications of electric and diesel driven locomotives, electric and diesel driven carriages, passenger carriages and sleeping carriages.
Damage and rebuilding
Mantena has extensive experience in painting, damage repair and modification assignments of railway vehicles.
The services are organized by a dedicated project department.
The department has well organized premises at Grorud in Oslo:
– 7000 m2
– 400 meter track
– 320 meters track over work pit
This enables opportunities for small and large assignments for passenger trains, infrastructure materials, trams and freight trains.
The project department also offers component maintenance, with particular expertise in powertrains and pneumatic components.
Furthermore, we have the following devices:
– Fully equipped carpentry workshop
– Metal bending/cutting machines
– Welding directional table
Through our local units, we can offer traditional workshop services for all types of railway vehicles.
All services are performed by highly qualified personnel who use different types of specialized equipment, adapted to the individual area of work.
At our three maintenance units in Oslo, Drammen and Trondheim we have modern and efficient underfloor benches.
The benches enable quick rotation by moving the material over the bench without removing the wheels. We complete work in line with agrees start and finish times.
We have extensive experience in thermal spraying for upgrading and improving mechanical parts that are subject to heavy wear.
Components, machines and equipment that need sandblasting are treated in our dedicated sandblasting room. The room has the capacity to take objects up to 30 meters long.